- RT @clintrandles: Creative Performance Chamber Ensemble: Putting Innovative Ideas into Practice at USF (Music Education) http://t.co/S67NP… 4 days ago
- CU locals, come sing with the Homebrew Ukulele Union at the Blind Pig tonight at 8: homebrewukuleleunion.wordpress.com/2013/11/21/joi… 6 days ago
- @MsHalterMusic @NAfME @musicedblog There's an issue of GMT with an informance focus: gmt.sagepub.com/content/23/3.t… 1 week ago
- RT @creativecommons: Today marks the end of a two-year license upgrade and the beginning of a new era in CC. bit.ly/1cM9Ji1 http://… 1 week ago
- Mourning the loss of Bennett Reimer. One of the true luminaries in music education. http://t.co/3wydQzho3w 2 weeks ago
- Using wood instead of vinyl for a record
- analogisdigital: BEND: A Circuit Bending Documentary
- Radu Lupu and artificial scarcity
- "He [Godard] understood that the modernism of the cinema was based in the archeology of its..."
- "Today marks the 30th anniversary of a musical format many of us grew up with: the compact disc."
Top Posts & Pages
Monthly Archives: October 2011
Update on 10/31: Another short piece about the class ran in the campus newspaper, the Daily Illini, “Ukulele gives music education class a new dimension.” Update on 10/30: The local paper, the News Gazette, ran a nice piece in the … Continue reading
I was delighted to be invited to respond to John Kratus’ talk at the CIC/New Directions conference today at Michigan State University. My response focuses on the importance of a critical perspective and pragmatic approach to technology in music education. … Continue reading
Nick Jaworkski is a current MME student, and his amazing blog attracted some national attention via a nice mention in today’s USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/forum/story/2011-10-02/high-school-music-programs/50635878/1
You might enjoy my latest column for General Music Today, “Learning from looking at sound: Using multimedia spectrograms to explore world music.” The column details the use of multimedia spectrogram displays for visualizing and understanding music. Here’s the video that accompanies … Continue reading