- @KennethElpus "Reading poetry or solving an equation is easier if kids know their sharps and flats. It’s a fact!" bit.ly/10Yd076 7 hours ago
- @KennethElpus Wonderful work! Sadly, I expect the bumper stickers and PSAs to stay... #NotTheRealityBasedCommunity 8 hours ago
- RT @etobias_musiced: RT @SAGE_EdResearch: 100 in 2014! Are you a @NAfME #musiced collegiate member? Enter the MEJ Centennial essay contest … 8 hours ago
- RT @creativecommons: Check it out - @OKFN and @Wikimedia_Fr are running a public domain remix contest until end of year. http://t.co/W9dwBT… 1 week ago
- RT @niftyc: Five cheeses? Why not ten? Twenty? The gourmet macaroni and cheese arms race must end. 1 week ago
- Using wood instead of vinyl for a record
- analogisdigital: BEND: A Circuit Bending Documentary
- Radu Lupu and artificial scarcity
- "He [Godard] understood that the modernism of the cinema was based in the archeology of its..."
- "Today marks the 30th anniversary of a musical format many of us grew up with: the compact disc."
Top Posts & Pages
Monthly Archives: October 2011
Update on 10/31: Another short piece about the class ran in the campus newspaper, the Daily Illini, “Ukulele gives music education class a new dimension.” Update on 10/30: The local paper, the News Gazette, ran a nice piece in the … Continue reading
I was delighted to be invited to respond to John Kratus’ talk at the CIC/New Directions conference today at Michigan State University. My response focuses on the importance of a critical perspective and pragmatic approach to technology in music education. … Continue reading
Nick Jaworkski is a current MME student, and his amazing blog attracted some national attention via a nice mention in today’s USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/forum/story/2011-10-02/high-school-music-programs/50635878/1
You might enjoy my latest column for General Music Today, “Learning from looking at sound: Using multimedia spectrograms to explore world music.” The column details the use of multimedia spectrogram displays for visualizing and understanding music. Here’s the video that accompanies … Continue reading